This is a new event on the calendar in 2019 on the International stage and If any RIBSA player would like to attend these qualifying events they should email email@example.com
International Billiards & Snooker Federation along with Qatar Billiards & Snooker Federation, are pleased to announce the commencement of a new annual event Qatar 6 RED WORLD CUP to provide more opportunities to our players.
This 6 Red World Cup will be organized every year by Qatar Billiards & Snooker Federation in collaboration with IBSF. We hereby cordially extend the official invitation to your Association / Federation to participate in this event.
Kindly confirm your participation by return email within seven (7) days. We also advise you to kindly enter your players in the online entry system on the IBSF Website www.ibsf.info , using your IBSF User Name and Password, on or before 1st January, 2019. 32 players will participate in the main round of the event.
On virtue of their performance, 28 players will get direct entry into the main round of the event, according to the criteria set by the IBSF Organizing Committee. There are 4 spots available for the main round which will be decided through the qualifying tournaments. The member countries are free to send their entries to participate in the Qualifying Tournaments which shall be held three days prior to the main round.
- All the players will get a chance to play two qualifying tournaments.
- The entries for the qualifying tournaments can only be sent through National Federation.
- The Tournaments will be played on knock out basis.
- Winner & Runner Up of each tournament will advance to the main round.
- All the matches for the qualifying tournaments shall be Best of 9 Frames till the Quarter finals
- The Semi Final will be played at Best of 11 Frames
- The Final will not be played. Accommodation
- The players who will participate in the Qualifying Tournament will be responsible for their own accommodation.
- Free Pick-n-Drop will be provided to only those players who will stay at the Official Hotel of the event.
Main Round Tournament Format
- The 32 players shall be divided into 8 groups of 4 players each.
- Two players from each group shall qualify for the Last 16 Round.
- Total duration of the Tournament will be 4 days.
- The Matches shall be played as follows;
▪ Round Robin League matches Best of 9 Frames
▪ Last 16 matches Best of 9 Frames
▪ Quarter Finals Best of 11 Frames
▪ Semi Finals Best of 11 Frames ▪ Final Best of 13 Frames Matches Schedule
▪ 12th January 2019 Round Robin League 4 Sessions (10:00 am, 12:30 pm, 3:00 pm & 5:00 pm)
▪ 13th January 2019 Round Robin League 4 Sessions (10:00 am, 12:30 pm, 3:00 pm & 5:00 pm)
▪ 14th January 2019 Last 16 Round 2 Sessions (10:00 am, 01:00 pm) ▪ 14th January 2019Last 8 Round 1 Session (5:00 pm)
▪ 15th January 2019 Semi Finals 1 Session (10:00 am)
▪ 15th January 2019 Final / Closing Ceremony 1 Session (4:00 pm)
The Players & Referees meeting will be held on 11th January, 2019 at 7:00 pm.
Prize Money Total Prize Money of US$ 40,000 as follows; Winner US$ 10,000 Runner Up US$ 4,000 Semi Finalists US$ 2,000 each Last 8 US$ 1,500 each Last 16 US$ 1,000 each Last 32 US$ 500 each
Hospitality One twin sharing room (with breakfast) will be provided free of cost to each participating player in the Official Hotel – Holiday Villa Doha, Rawdat Al Khail Street, Doha, from 11th January till 15th January, 2019 (5 nights maximum). Visas shall be arranged free of cost by Qatar Billiards & Snooker Federation for all the participants.
All the countries requiring visas are hereby advised to kindly send the passport details of the players and officials within one week. Airport Pick-n-Drop will be provided free of cost by Qatar Billiards & Snooker Federation. In this regard, all the member countries are advised to send the flight details on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org , in order to avail the Pick-n-Drop facility.
Airport The nearest Airport is Hamad International Airport – Doha – Qatar.