The 2019 Republic of Ireland Billiards & Snooker Association National Doubles Snooker Championship will be held on Saturday the 31st of August in the Ivy Rooms Snooker Club in Carlow.
The Entry Fee is €40.00 per team and anyone wishing to enter a team should ring Ivy Rooms SC 059-9137714 or text RIBSA 085 2428701 before 1pm Friday 30th of August.
The entry fee is €40.00 per team. The Defending Champions are John Sutton & Brian McPhee who won the National Doubles Title on the final black last year beating Philip Browne & Brendan Thomas.
The Championship will be played in Groups of playing 3 frames with 1 point per frame won. The Knockout will be the best of 5 including the Semi-Finals & Final.
The Closing date for Entries is before 1pm Friday 30th August and Play commences @ 10:30am on the morning.
- One Senior International per team – IBSF singles event player or EBSA singles event play from the last 10 years. International team events do not apply.
- Players do not have to be from the same club.
- Proper snooker attire must be worn. RIBSA International waistcoat not permitted.
- Each side shall open alternate frames and the order of play shall be determined at start of each frame and must be maintained throughout that frame.
- Players may change the order of play at the commencement of each new frame.
- If a foul is made and a request to play again is made, the player who made the foul plays the next shot and the order of play is unchanged.
- If a foul is called for playing out of turn, the offender’s partner will lose a turn, whether or not the offender is asked to play again.
- When a frame ends in a tie and a respotted black is necessary, the pair who played the first stroke has the choice of which player will make that stroke. The order of play must then continue as in the frame.
- Partners may confer during a frame but not whilst one is striker and is at the table.