The Republic of Ireland Billiards & Snooker Association National 6 Reds Snooker Championships will be played in the Ivy Rooms Snooker Club on Sunday the 29th of May.
Play starts at 10.30am and our National Coach PJ Nolan will be the TD on the day.
All matches are the best of 7 frames including the final.
The IBSF / EBSA have adopted the following rules for 6 Reds Snooker. These rules will apply during the 2016 National RIBSA 6 Red Snooker Championships.
The usual Rules of Snooker apply with the following exceptions.
1. There will be no more than 5 consecutive ‘Foul and a Miss’ calls at any one time.
2. After 4 consecutive ‘Foul and a Miss’ calls, the referee will warn the offending player that should a ‘Foul and a Miss’ be called again, the following options are available to the non-striker.
(a) He can play from where the balls have come to rest.
(b) He can ask their opponent to play from where the balls have come to rest.
(c) He can place the cue-ball anywhere on the table, but this option cannot be taken if play has reached the ‘Snookers required’ stage.
3. The player cannot snooker behind a nominated colour at any time. (Including when playing a colour after potting a red or a free-ball nominated as a red.)
National 6 reds : Entry
The entry fee to the National 6reds will €20.00
1. Mike Skelly – Newbridge CYMS
2. Darren Ayres – Edenderry
3. Noel Landers – Youghal CYMS
4. Gerry McArdle – Dublin
5. Peter Dunne – Dublin
6. James McGuinness – Kilkenny
7. Benny O’Brien – Kilkenny
8. Richie Flynn – Norris’ Waterford
9. Alan O’Connor – Shooters
10. Andrew Doherty – Celbridge
11. Robert Murphy – Qclub Wicklow
12. Michael Judge – Qclub Wicklow
13. Mark Owens – Terry Rogers SC
14. Colvin O Brien – Ivy Rooms SC
15. Gavin O Donnell – Ivy Rooms SC
16. Karl Ellis – Dublin