The Third Senior Ranking Event on the RIBSA Senior Snooker Series was played in the Ivy Rooms Snooker Club in Carlow over the weekend. In the final, Rodney Goggins from the 147 Snooker Club in Wexford beat Mario Fernandez from St Johns Limerick with a superb 5 frames to 0 to win the RIBSA PRESIDENTS CUP sponsored by Eamon Kearns.
The win moves Rodney clear in the No. 1 spot on the rankings but it still promises to be a great fight for that final No.1 RIBSA spot. In the Semi Finals Rodney beat Vincent Muldoon from Waterford SC 4 frames to 1 and Mario beat Phil Arnold from Celbridge SC 4 frames to 0 in the other semi final.
The Highest break prize also went to Rodney Goggins with a fantastic 141 break in his Q-Final match against Clinton Franey. Other high breaks in the event were 130 by TJ Dowling, 129 by Martin McCrudden, 105 by Vincent Muldoon.
RIBSA would like to thank Jim & Marian Leacy from The Ivy Rooms Snooker Club for the excellent facilities and all their help over the weekend. I would like to thank all the players for a great snooker display and I look forward to seeing them again in Event 4 in Carlow on Saturday / Sunday 9th & 10th of January.
Finally, on the Sunday morning we got a terrible shock when Martin McCrudden had a bad car accident on his way to his Q-final match. Every snooker follower in Ireland wishes him a fast recovery and we thank God he walked away in one piece and will look forward to seeing the gunner back playing very soon.
- Mario Fernandez Vs Josh Boileau 3-0
- Joe Corrigan Vs Colm Gilcreest 3-2
- Joe Delaney Vs Kevin McMahon 1-3
- Brendan Murphy Vs John Torpey 0-3
- Robert Redmond Vs Carl Murphy 2-3
- Paddy English Vs Martin McCrudden 0-3 * 129 break Martin McCrudden
- Jason Devaney Vs Vincent Meaney 3-1
- Phil Burke Vs Phil Arnold 2-3
- Robert Murphy Vs TJ Dowling 1-3 * 130 break TJ Dowling
- Stephen Sherry Vs Greg Casey 1-3
- Tom Gleeson Vs Richie Flynn 3-0
- Vincent Muldoon Vs Damien McCormack 3-1 * 105 break Vincent Muldoon
- Colvin O’Brien Vs John O’Sullivan 3-1
- Shea Brereton Vs Clinton Franey 0-3
- Nigel Power Vs John Sutton 3-0
- Jason Keogh Vs Rodney Goggins 0-3
- Mario Fernandez Vs Joe Corrigan 3-1
- Kevin McMahon Vs John Torpey 1-3
- Robert Redmond Vs Martin McCrudden 2-3
- Jason Devaney Vs Phil Arnold 1-3
- TJ Dowling Vs Greg Casey 0-3
- Tom Gleeson Vs Vincent Muldoon 0-3
- Colvin O’Brien Vs Clinton Franey 2-3
- Nigel Power Vs Rodney Goggins 0-3
- Mario Fernandez Vs John Torpey 4-1
- Martin McCrudden Vs Phil Arnold w/o – ( Martin McCrudden forced to Withdraw)
- Vincent Muldoon Vs Greg Casey 4-1
- Clinton Franey Vs Rodney Goggins 1-4 * 141 break Rodney Goggins
- Mario Fernandez Vs Phil Arnold 4-0 ( Referee Bernard McGuinness )
- Vincent Muldoon Vs Rodney Goggins 1-4 ( Referee Joe Robinson )
- Rodney Goggins 5-0 Mario Fernandez