Ryan Cronin from Cork had a superb win today in the World Under 21 Snooker Championship here in the Republic Of China. Ryan beat Siyavosh Mozayai from Iran four frames to two in a superb high quality match.
The Irishman won the first and the Iranian player went two frames to one up but the Irish Number 1 Under 19 player fought back to win the next three frames in a row to win the match 4-2.
Under 21 National Champion Karl Fitzpatrick lost his second match in a row when he was beaten four frames to one by Kishan Hirani from Wales. The main turning point in the match was in frame four when the Carlow man lost on a re-spotted black to go three frames to one down before the Welsh player won the fifth frame and match.
David Cassidy will play later tonight at 7pm local time against Dominik Scherubl from Austria looking for his third straight victory in a row.
Results on Day 2
- 10am - Karl Fitzpatrick Vs Kishan Hirani (Wales) 1-4
- 1pm - Ryan Cronin Vs Siyavosh Mozayai (Iran) 4-2
- 7pm - David Cassidy Vs Dominik Scherubl (Austria) 0-0
Matches on Day 3
- 10am Karl Fitzpatrick Vs Himanshu Jain ( India )
- 1pm Ryan Cronin Vs Nicolas Mortreux (France)
- 4pm David Cassidy Vs Mostafa Gebaly (Egypt)
- 7pm Karl Fitzpatrick Vs Bairaq Al Urfy ( Sweden