Dear Sport Ireland Stakeholder,
As per today’s Government Announcement, Ireland will move into phase 2 of the Roadmap next week. The new measures come into place on Monday the 8th of June. We remain in Phase 1 until then. To support the Sector as it works through the phased return to sport, Sport Ireland will be providing updated Guidance on the Frequently Asked Questions in relation to phase 2 in the coming days.
In addition, Sport Ireland will begin to roll out its Covid 19 related training initiatives and supports to the sector from next week onwards. Further details on the various supports will be provided in due course.
Please note – No change to indoor sports reopening sooner than phase 3, June 29
The Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Mr. Shane Ross, and the Minister of State with responsibility for Sport, Mr. Brendan Griffin, TD, have welcomed the continuing work and positive assessments delivered by the Expert Group on Return to Sport of protocols prepared by sporting bodies for the safe resumption of further sporting activity in phase 2.
‘’ The Expert Group emphasises that indoor sporting facilities are not permitted to reopen during this Phase of the Roadmap”
Department of Transport Tourism and Sport 6 June 2020
Key Measures for Phase 2:
The key measures in relation to sport & physical activity are outlined below.
- You may travel within your own county, and up to 20 kilometres from your home if crossing county boundaries.
Meeting other people:
- You may meet up to 6 people from outside your household both indoors and outdoors for social gatherings.
- Walk or cycle if you can.
- Groups of up to 15, including trainers and coaches, may return to non-contact outdoor training activity (but not matches) while maintaining social distancing at all times.
- A number of high performance athletes and professional athletes will be allowed to resume training at agreed locations around the country. More details on the return of high performance can be found here:
Shane Califf – Director Of Governing Bodies
Sport Ireland | The Courtyard | Sport Ireland National Sports Campus |
Snugborough Road | Blanchardstown | Dublin 15 | D15 PN0N