The Republic of Ireland Billiards & Snooker Association (RIBSA) are holding the first of their two planned Irish Re-Open Championship on Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th of August and the knock out stages will be played on Saturday 15th of August.
RIBSA are holding these test events after the COVID-19 Crisis that put a halt to our sport last March. This event was restricted to the first 32 players who entered online.
This event is played in Group format with Two Sessions with a Morning session: 10am, 11.30am and 1pm and an Afternoon session: 2.30pm, 4.00pm and 5.30pm.
Each player / Official will have their temperature taking when they arrive in the venue and the Dress Code for this event is a Polo Shirt and Black Pants and Shoes.
All the matches will be Streamed via www.ribsa.ie streaming platform. RIBSA are planning interview with the players and links will be found throughout the day on the ribsa Facebook page.
One player to qualify from each of the 8 groups for knock out stage and RIBSA want all members to remember “The best way to prevent person-to-person spread of COVID-19 is to use proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette and practice physical distancing”
- Only 8 players in the venue at one time plus the TD and a roaming Referee
- Two Nominated Tables used for each group
- Four Groups played on the Saturday and 4 groups played on the Sunday
- No Supporters
- Open Draw for the Groups
- Equipment sterilised after each session
- Prize Fund Guaranteed: Winner €400, Runner Up €200, Semi – Finalists €100 each, Q-finalist €50 each.