John Friel from Potters SC won the fourth RIBSA Intermediate Snooker Event of the season on Saturday the 17th of December in the Potters Snooker Club in Drogheda. In the final John beat Andrew Doherty 3 frames to nil to take the title.
In the semi finals John beat Cathal Gordon from Galway and Andrew Doherty beat Brendan Thomas from Roadstone SC.
RIBSA would like to thank Potters SC for making the event such a success. RIBSA would like to wish all the players a Happy Christmas and New Year and see you all in 2017.
You can now text your entry to the RIBSA Text number 085 2428701.
This year will feature an exciting RIBSA Intermediate Snooker Tour around Ireland and a National Intermediate Championship at the end of the season.
Guidelines for eligibility to play this season:
1. Any player who finished in the Top 16 on the Senior Rankings in the previous 3 seasons or is in the top 16 of the current list at time of draw.
2. Current and former Irish Senior Champions.
3. Current and former WPBSA main tour players.
4. Former Senior Internationals.
Players in all above categories may apply to RIBSA to play in intermediates in writing (Email is acceptable).
RIBSA council reserves the right to review the eligibility of all players who enter Intermediate events
You can now text your entry to 085 2428701. This is a text number only and you must include your name, club and the event you want to enter by the closing date. Entry fees are payable on the morning of the event and entries will be accepted up to 1pm on the Friday before the tournament.
No player will be permitted to enter a tournament if he or she has money outstanding from a previous tournament this season.
The Entry fee will be €20 for seniors and €10 for juniors plus RIBSA registration.
RIBSA registration fee are 21 and over – €15.00, 16-20 – €10.00 and Under 16 – €5.00
Players must be properly dressed for all RIBSA competitions. The dress code is dark shoes, dark one coloured trousers (no jeans), one coloured shirt buttoned at the wrist and waistcoat. Waistcoats must be worn for all matches. National Waistcoats are not permissible. Matches will commence @ 10.30am.
A Copy of the Rules for all tournaments will be available at the tournaments.
1. Keith O’Reilly – Newbridge CYMS
2. Matty Williams – Newbridge CYMS
3. Alan Cusack
4. Brendan Thomas – Roadstone
5. Ronda Sheldreck – Celbridge
6. Mike Skelly – Newbridge CYMS
7. Cameron Mullins – Newbridge CYMS
8. Damien Reynolds – Celbridge
9. Peter Dunne
10 Paul McGrane –
11. Alan O’Connor – Shooters
12. Clive Smith
13. Paddy Kinsella – Celbridge
14. Andrew Doherty
15. Karl O’ Donoghue – Potters Drogheda
16. Brian McPhee – Potters Drogheda
17. Jonny Friel – Potters Drogheda
18. Conor O’Boyle – Potters Drogheda
19. Paul Arnold
20. Christopher Singleton – Carrickmacross
21. Neil Guidon – Celbridge
22. Ryan McGuirk
23. Benny O’Brien – Kilkenny
24. Jack Connolly – NUI Maynooth
25. Paddy Brady – NUI Maynooth
26. Gerry Kinneen – Mechanics Galway
27. Cathal Gordan – Commercial Galway
The following players are ineligible to play
Current Top 16 after Event 3 on 10th of December